Making of Seedball
Making of Seedball April 2010 in association with YI (Young Indians)
Easy Steps to Make Seed Bombs (Balls)
- Sieve Peeli Mitti (Yellow Soil).
- Mix equal portions of Peeli Mitti & Soil Compost.
- Add little red chili powder/Boric powder. (This prevents insects from eating the seeds).
- Add a little bit of moss to the mixture. Moss acts as a binding agent.
- Lastly add water to the mixture and make a firm dough.
- Take a small portion of the dough, roll it between your palms & flatten it.
- Place 2-3 seeds in the center of the dough and again roll it between your palms.
- Grass seeds can be added if available, as grass helps reduce soil erosion.
- Flatten the ball & you are done.
- The size of the seed bombs should be about 1 inch in diameter.